Direct Support Professional-Santa Rosa
Essential Functions: Provide ongoing, regular support and skill development and assist with activities of daily living for adults with developmental disabilities. Must be able to read, write, and speak English well; possess minimal computer skills and be able to use a computer keyboard and mouse; ability to drive a vehicle and transport clients in personal vehicle; possess ability to train and support individuals; work flexible hours and assignments; and demonstrate patience.
Physical Requirements: Requires handling paperwork with the use of hands, arms, and fingers; requires the use of fingers on a computer keyboard. Must be able to read and write legibly, drive a car, be able to balance, climb, bend, stoop, and kneel; lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally; walk, stand, and/or sit for eight hours per day.
Additional details: Ensures health and safety, and provides training and support to individuals with developmental disabilities receiving services. Responsible for implementing individual service plans and strategies, and the achievement of service plan visions and outcomes. Direct Support Professionals must demonstrate the following characteristics: ability to work with and develop a professional relationship with individuals with disabilities; possess reasonable writing, communication, teaching, and home-making skills; have knowledge of recreation and leisure activities in the community; relate to persons from different cultural, economic, and social backgrounds; show a sensitivity to mental and physical challenges people face; provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers; and be able to adapt to changing work conditions.
- High school diploma/GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess current vehicle insurance
- Ability to pass background screening and/or obtain base clearance
- Ability to pass drug screening
- Ability to pass driving record check
- Possess a working telephone
- Provide ongoing, regular support to individuals in client’s home, place of employment, and/or recreational activities.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English well.
- Possess minimal computer skills and be able to use a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to drive a vehicle and transport clients in personal vehicle.
- Possess ability to train and support individuals.
- Work flexible hours and assignments.
- Demonstrate patience.
- Requires handling paperwork with the use of hands, arms, and fingers; requires the use of fingers on a computer keyboard.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Drive a car.
- Be able to balance, climb, bend, stoop, and kneel.
- Lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Walk, stand, and/or sit for eight hours per day.
- Health insurance plan
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid trainings
- Paid time off
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Annual retention bonus
- Jury duty benefit
- Partial mileage
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DISABILITY/VETERAN
REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS ENMRSH, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call (575) 762-3718.
Apply for this position
Resume is required.